April 24, 2008

Mornings

My mom always told me I'd become a morning person when I grew up. Either she was 1) wrong, or 2) I haven't grown up yet.

I'm still sick. I hate being sick. I'm waiting for the sore throat and achy body to drop into my lungs. I'm not looking forward to this prospect.

I fixed my daughter's sock yesterday. The one with the stitch that never got knitted. I'm still not sure how I did this.

I'm convinced now I'm not sure if I know how to weave in ends of if I've been making it up all along. The first fix was terrible and I had to take it out. It looked like something gone wrong with embroidery.

This is a sock she has outgrown. My crappy fix will do, I will not frog the sock.

Can you see it?

How about now?

It's right above my finger. Oh, and in the sunlight theres a pretty little ladder too.

My sock perfection is far from...perfect. Sigh.

Well...well...someone also put the pattern on this yarn off about a foot. So there. Ha!

I'm still not convinced I like the look of short row heels. They just look sort of holey. I like the idea of toe ups, but not this heel, I want to try a skein of Noro with a gusset heel and see if I like that better.

Yesterday I received my order from Hazel Knits. This got here so quick. Wow.

I made the order with the intention of the dark pink that I just noticed listed. However, the light pink, light and dark green, blue and purple wanted to come along for the journey, so I had to order them too.

This yarn seems so soft and squishy and I love the semi solid shading effect of this yarn.

I finally picked up a green/black colorway. This one was from Kindred Spirits Yarn. It was just what I was looking for. Not too much green, not too much black, although more black would have been okay.

Now if you asked me why I was looking for this colorway, I can't tell you. I just think it's pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOhhhhhhhhhh mmyyyyyyyyyyyyy, look at that row of Hazel Knits yarn!!! Wowza! Can't wait to see some of it knit up! :)