April 25, 2008

Friday

Today is the second "jeans" day Friday they've had at work, well, since they brought it back. It's kind of nice. I'm easy to please. Give me work. Say thank you. Let me wear jeans. Now only if I could work from home. That would be super.

Hopefully when I get home I will have my order from Crash Into Ewe. I know, just what I need, another skein of yarn. Last one. Really. :) Rats. It didn't make it today. It's another silver skein in a red colorway. A friend of mine said it was soft, because I had mentioned that I was concerned that the others weren't going to be, and because of her comment I decided I needed a red skein. I think a black and purple skein would be nice too.

I have a new obsession interest pertaining to yarn, plastic yarn. Made from plastic bags of course. I have just a *ton* of these and I haven't remembered to take them to the little recycle kiosks at the grocery store. Soooo.... what better way to entertain my inner OCD child than with making yarn out of plastic bags?! Kind of odd aren't I? I think I have come up with a method too. I'm excited. I'll knit a bag or something. Too bad grocery stores don't make them out of really pretty colors. I think I only have brown and white. My kiddo wants me to make a bag for her. I'm excited and she's on this eco kick since hearing about Earth Day at school.

I started crocheting last night. Well, after I finished frogging these pink granny squares. I had made them a long time ago out of yarn, mixed with new yarns, from an afghan I frogged that I was going to make for myself and my X for our room. Oh well, I figured I wasn't crazy about the colors anymore and I didn't want to use the yarn that was something for us, so I thought I would use it to make something else. Unfortunately, when I started making the pink granny squares I made some, stopped, made some more, realized the squares were different sizes since I wasn't using the right pattern. Apparently I just made one up in my head. So I plundered on, corrected myself on the ones going forward, but there were 2 that bugged me. I figured that I would sew them in and no one would be the wiser.

Well, last night I decided that was BS and that I wanted to start on another afghan for my cousin's second son. So I frogged the pink ones, they were bugging me, and I started on some blue ones. I know...different color anyway. Stupid perfectionist brain. You really have no idea how hard it is for me to fix that one sock.

So, I will update this later and add pictures.

I've now added pictures. I don't know if Bloglines updates, updated blogs or not. Anyone know?

I took the kids to dinner tonight, which was nice family time for us. I also met Imbrium and her *husband* (grins) and gave them their wedding gift, which I did have at the time of the wedding but had left in the middle of the floor of my apartment when I was rounding up myself and the kids to get ready and leave. I was so worried we were going to be late, we ended up an hour early.

To my total surprise Imbrium gifted me with fluffy *greatness* from Rhinebeck. OMG. LOOKY!! Merino/Tussah and Tussah. My wheel drools. Thank you!!

It was so nice to run into you guys twice. lol.

Another good excuse to head up north is Black and Read in Arvada, CO. It's a used book/CD/DVD/VCR/game store. I heart this store.

I've always liked used CD stores. My girlfriend in high school introduced them to me when I was 14 or 15. 200+ CDs later I was hooked. Needless to say, my interests moved from there. Not to say that any of the games I've purchased there yet have been used, but they have the best discount in town IMO.

I think I've always loved games. This however was always difficult for me, being an only child. I remember many many times playing Life, Monopoly, PayDay, etc by myself. I'd max out the players and take turns and play for hours. My parents, especially my mom, was very good at taking the time when she was home to play the games with me, but I always wanted more players. My dad was pretty good at trying to understand the rules too, but didn't play as often as my mom.

This fascination has followed me to my adulthood. However, I am running into the issue of frequency of play, as in, not nearly enough. My friends are pretty spread out now, le sigh. I am toying around with an idea of having Friday themed nights, sending out to people I know and see how many people are interested in coming over to play a specific game, and then whatever after. This is a good idea...otherwise I'm just this odd sort of collector...with a yarn addiction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello to my perfectionist friend! I am so glad they are letting us wear jeans!

I am home (had to stay an extra day!) and feeling better each day. The whole hospital stay and the way I felt was awful! Oh well, life goes on!

More yarn???? You are crazy yarn buying chick!!

I may make another Montego Bay Scarf with my Handmaiden Silk!

Have a good weekend! :)

~Nolson

Anonymous said...

You have to look at the picture that inspired me......

http://knittingsunshine.blogspot.com

go to her 2007 completed projects and scroll down to the picture for May 15, 2007 finished June 2007. See if you can click to look at large on your screen. It is so pretty!

~Nolson