April 13, 2008

LYS are bad for my health

Okay. Here's the deal. No more LYS and no more yarn until the Estes Park Fiber festival.

Period.

I went to go check out Knit Knack today.

I really enjoyed the store. It was comfortable and there was no pressure to buy anything. The best part was that I walked in on a sale.

Sadly, the only yarn I found on sale was the one on the far left. A good thing either way. I also left with 4 skeins of Shibui, and 2 skeins of Hacho. Sock yarn will be my undoing. :)

Atmosphere: 4 sheep
This is a very cozy store. Much more of a feeling like it's okay not to just shop, but to sit down and knit too. They also serve coffee.

Kid friendly: 3 sheep
Seems as though kids are okay as long as they are not touching the yarn or picking things off of the shelves, like most stores.

Product: 4 sheep
Nice selection of sock yarn, and Shibui to boot. They carry KA needles and interchangable needles.

Staff: 5 sheep
This store can go from busy to quiet quickly. The staff does well in keeping up and assisting when needed.

WTF (willing to frequent): 5 sheep
Just for the Shibui alone I'd go to this store. I'd also go to this store so I can just sit there and knit.

Look what I noticed.

I found a cute little crochet hook to assist in the run and some ideas on how to correct this.

My daughter no longer fits in this sock, but it was my first toe up sock.

I also found a great WPI tool.

Yay.

Now perhaps I can puzzle out what weight my handspun yarn is.

I learned something important today too. LYS are bad for me...it just causes random impulse buys. Although I must admit this one was good one.

I have a terrible relationship with bamboo...but these...are not only interchangable but they swivel.

I adopted a set today. Notice the size 7 that is missing and assisting in the reconstruction of my daughter's scarf. :)

Ah...if it's not the yarn, it will be the notions.

Today in my PO box, I happily discovered Sunrise. Yay. I love the red and black.

Thank you also for the pin and magnet. :)

I can't help but love mail.

Now if I could just figure out what projects to complete with the yarn.

No comments: