April 21, 2008

Ah..Monday

My apartment is leaking. This foul smelling drip from the fire extinguisher system. The bucket I placed under the slow drip is making the smell worse. Hopefully they will send the maintenance people soon.

My wine cozy is complete, and eagerly awaiting felting. I had enough yarn to make the handle. Now comes the test...how much will it shrink. Go me...patternless wonder.

I've been working on another Noro scarf out of Silk Garden. It's turning out well, soft and of course fun to watch the color changes. I'm pondering that I should finish up the other scarf and a pair of socks I started last year before diving head first into my sock yarn. If anyone who happens to read this and has any sock leftovers that you would like to get rid of...I'm willing to pay, at the very least postage, and depending on the size of the leftover, I'm willing to pay for the leftover. Send me your emails... taelixev AT gmail DOT com.

Speaking of sock yarn. Friday and Saturday left me with loot.


Woolgirl on Friday. I decided on Saturday to try and see how yarn photographs outside. Needless to say I did enjoy the results of the morning sun. I don't really have a good place to photograph though. I'll have to keep looking.

I think the pictures however do a better representation of the color of the skeins.

There was something wonderful with taking pictures in the warm sun with yarn in hand.

Purple, black and white. I wish there had been bigger skeins. I bought 3 just in case. I think they should make 1 pair of small socks.

Another black and purple skein. It didn't have white in it, but it's pretty. This is the picture that I over exposed. Ah yes, like everything in my life, I am in a hurry.

Lastly, blue and yellow. I think this will knit up interestingly.

One day I will update Ravelry. I'm not sure when. Perhaps one day during the summer. I might find a great place to photograph yarn near the pool or tennis court. I'll have to explore the area I live in more this summer.


Hazel Knits on Saturday. As always, quick delivery. I love how this yarn feels. I think the hardest thing for me sometimes is that I make a purchase of yarn and then I see a color that I didn't notice before and I want to acquire that too.

I've realized that I don't really have a plan for the sock yarn. My initial idea, that got me jumping into sock yarn, was a mitered blanket made out of sock yarn. I haven't been able to locate any really good deals in destashs (there was one, and it was sock yarn enough to make 10 adult sized socks for $30 including shipping, ever since I saw that I've sort of been very picky about what I think is a great deal on a destash) and there weren't any leftover sales, so I started buying new. Then I figured out how easy Etsy was to use...and well, it was all downhill from there. So, with new sock yarn, I feel as though they truly need to be socks (or something) before they are piece mealed into a blanket. I've only made really plain socks thus far in my knitting career. Stockinette stitch, 2x2 rib...you know, kind of plain, but I am excited to begin these projects. I suppose I'll see how long it takes for me to get utterly bored with the idea of socks.

No comments: