April 22, 2008

My relationship with the mail

Since I'm not so cool to pre-write blogs and remember to take all the pictures later...

This is my FO wine cozy. Cute. Can't wait to see what it looks like felted. It will be the first non clog I've felted. I like the green yarn with it's bits of color. I found it on clearance at the Recycled Lamb, years ago. It think the biggest trick will be to keep it from felting on itself.

This is the latest of the Noro scarves. I love the way the dark and the light are mixing together. There's another colorway of Kureyon that I think would look better, but I'm going to wait for an end of year sale. Besides, I have enough socks to keep me busy for years.

Yesterday in the mail I received stuff from Knit/Purl. They have Shibui AND they have new new colors of Shibui. I ordered, a lot. I think that Shibui will be my blog contest yarn, I just haven't figured out what color. I may wander up to Knit Knack and figure it out sometime in May or I may look on Simply Socks. I'm such a stash fiend.

I also received stuff from Damselfly Yarns. Apparently this was a dye and then a re-dye. It turned out lovely. I love the orangey/melon color, I think it goes so well with the pink and blue. I can't wait to see how this knits up.

I've realized something about myself recently. The more I seem to want stuff from the mail, the more distant I'm becoming socially. I'm not really sure what to make of it. I just happened to notice that I became very involved with swapping with penpals twice in my life and I've been feeling that desire to get back into that hobby again. However, I realize that the amount that I tend to get involved is very time consuming.

My ceiling is no longer dripping, now there is a gaping hole in the ceiling. We can please people some of the time but we can't please all the people all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOu are cracking me up with all of that yarn that has come in the mail! I love the new Shi Bui colors! :)