April 17, 2008

Process

Knitting is such a process to me. I love watching how the piece grows and shapes itself. This is too why I love working with variegated yarns.

My mailperson is not done delivering yet. However, my last order was ordered today. The colors of Shibui that Nachaele showed me today was just too much to resist. Who needs food, I have yarn.

Speaking of awesome beyond words. Nachaele brought me a pattern for the Transition Gloves and the Central Park hoodie today. She also brought me Malabrigo...blue, purple, and red. Gorgeous! I love love love how this stuff felts. I'm sure it will knit something nicely as well. It feels soft and not nearly as itchy as Kureyon, a scarf may be in order. Thank you Nachaele!

This is how the wine cozy looks so far. I have the top part and the handle to puzzle out still, as well as the felting.

I've discovered a use for this bucket too. My X-MIL gave me a bucket bath stuff for Christmas because she liked this bucket. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but it seems just the perfect thing for a small project and my couch.

This is the scarf for my friend. It just seemed like a good idea...and well, I apparently am the scarf maker. I think I can knit anything, but I always seem to make scarves. This is a multidirectional scarf. It's turning out sort of neat but the color transitions are just slightly longer than I anticipated. So it doesn't quite fit the picture I had in my head. Also I was hoping to start with black and end with black, however it makes for a very short scarf. Therefore, for the very tall person it will need to start with black and most likely end with white.

I can't wait until June. I need more spinning fiber.

In the mail today...3 packages greeted me.

This one is from Crash Into Ewe. This is the Jewel colorway. Pictures do not do this stuff justice. I'm not sure how it will knit up, but looking at it made me want al of the colors I could possibly get my hands on.

The reds look great the orange and green looked great. I don't know if I noticed a black or not, but I sure do hope she keeps making these great yarns for a long time.

This came from Stash Up Yarns. I liked the name, Peace Rose, on the left and the color on the right. Peace roses are my very favorite roses. This yarn looks just like one.



This came from Loopy Ewe. Angela is the colorway on the left. I love black and a contrasting colorway. The color on the left is Cosmic Dawn, it is silk and sea cell, and it is amazing to touch. I have plans for Cosmic Dawn in the form of a Clapotis, although this yarn is not worsted weight. Either way I think it'll make a grand scarf.

Okay, so my blog doesn't make any sense and doesn't follow any sort of writing pattern. That's what happens when I write part of the blog during the day and the rest at night.

I found this at Michaels today. It just screams felted bag to me. I hate it when yarn talks to me. I don't have a pattern in mind really, although the felted recycled bag pattern that I saw over the weekend and Knit Knack spoke to me.

I thought while I was driving home today what is my favorite color. I'm not sure. I'm still partial to purples, blues and blacks, but really I just enjoy yarn. Does the color rainbow count? Although I do have to admit that I had one friend who tried to buy yarn for me for 2 Christmas holidays and I wasn't exceptionally crazy about what she picked.

Lastly, aren't presents great? This one is for a friend. Won't she be surprised. :)

No comments: