December 11, 2006

Well, it started out as a good thought.

For those of you who read this blog...here's another picture of slippers. Same like the ones below, but a bigger size so hopefully this time I will not shrink them too much. I am curious as to who reads this blog. I know of perhaps 2 or 3.


Lately, I've been going through this lonely phase. Not sure what that is about...other than I feel sort of bored. I know I have tons of things to do...like the bottom sole of the slipper and the scarf to your right. I somehow keep finding new things to do though. I hate when I start to wander...things just end up piling up. And really, these two items need be done by the end of next week.


The scarf is for my friend. I think he'll like it. I've never knit anything for a man before...well my dad I did...but someone outside the family? I hope I get it done. I'm doing a lengthwise garter
stitch...it seemed like a good idea at first. I am finding that it is taking longer than I thought. Also I didn't plan out how I was going to sew in the ends very well because I wasn't going to put fringe on this. I will go on the theory no one will notice.




So, when I was in high school, I had a business making jewelry. When I moved out of my parent's house I boxed up all of my stuff which had been sitting for a long time gathering dust since my interest had waned due to college and thinking that drinking beer was more interesting. And as moving things...well...moves them, stuff got all jumbled up.





I spent last weekend sorting out seed beads...thousands of them...by color...it's a sickness I know :). It's good to know it'll be carried on by the next generation too...since my girl kept asking me, "Mama, can I sort some beads for you?"

So, then, as I nosed on the internet, I thought, "oh...stitch markers look nifty...I should make hundreds some."
Well, I learned a few things. 1) Just because a picture looks nifty does not make it easy. 2) Memory wire is evil. 3) Seed beeds are a pain in the ass. 4) I don't think my eyesight is what it used to be.
But in the end I created this...and it turned out okay. I don't know how many I will make one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee...I used to do a lot of beading, too, and a few months ago I went out and bought beads and wire and whatnot to make stitch markers because hey! Beaded stitch markers! So cool!

Yeah...ask me how many I've made....