October 22, 2006

Giddy!!

So...had a lovely weekend.

Friday night I went out with friends to a Korean restaurant. Got to introduce my friend to Korean food. So, that was neat. I think he liked it.

Saturday night I went out to a semi-formal party with friends. I got to dress up in my sparkly blue dress. My friend wore a suit for me. That was pretty cool. I bought him a tie. He looked really good. It's not often I've been able to talk a man into a suit without a lot of whining in the process. I don't think the X ever wore one...and hmm...my junior and senior prom the boys dressed up...I've had men wear ties and a button up shirt...but not an actual suit...

*grin*

Sunday...knit, purl and hurl at my house. Imbrium gave me this...

I was totally floored. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Beautiful! I don't know what fuzz I want to put on it yet.

As far as progress at the KPH...well, I meant to work on that scarf for A, seeing that his birthday was this weekend...but the cables are taking longer than expected. So I worked mostly on this...I know you can't really tell the difference. But I'm enjoying how this is spinning out. I hope there will be more next year at the Estes Park fiber show. I would love to see what the fiber that has metallic bits in it turns into.


It is something about the process...the process of crafting. Creating something out of something else. Watching the colors blend, feeling the material run through your fingers. If there were anything I have to describe as my passion, it would be the process of creating.

No comments: