October 13, 2006

Getting back to normal

So last night was my first night I actually made some progress on things that I wanted to do involving yarn. I finished spinning the ball of prepared fluff and got to pull more fluff off of the really big ball of fluff, and proceeded to spin that. That is still a work in progress. But I am happy with the way this stuff is turning out. I am still getting used to the 100% angora fluff though since my prior experience spinning fluff was with a mixed pile of fluff. Wool and silk blend as feel so much stronger than the 100% fluff. The blend is a little tougher to pull, whereas the 100% is very easy to pull, and tends to pull too fast and too evenly, causing breaks. I need a spinning wheel. I hear it calling me. Drop spindles are fun and all, but...

Yes, and soon...this one will be mine...

I got about 3-4 inches done on the scarf...and today at lunch I continued to work on it. The pattern I'm using didn't have adescription of how they suggested to do the C6L and C6R...so I just madeit up based off of the C4L and C4R described. And well...the further I got through it...the more it didn't look like the picture. And since I am sadly a perfectionist and I have sadly not realized that some things can be improvised...I frogged it all and started over. I'll try again...this time making up what I think the C6L and the C6R should look like based off of the picture.

I am more than ready for the weekend this week. I've had it. Between me, myself, and I and all of my self induced stress a weekend is good. Let the games begin eh?

No comments: