August 28, 2006

Birthday baby

My birthday weekend...

I don't have pictures. I'm very bad at taking them really. I worry I'll lose the camera or I'll forget or I'm just flat out self conscious. Well, that and the fact that I do not have internet access at my house causes me to be a bit more lazy about picture taking.

So for myself, just to document...30 was brought in well. I look forward to this decade much more so than the last decade. I hope that it is frought with much less drama.

Thursday night involved drinking a bit of soju with my friend at my house. We recalled the past with light and lovely comments.

Friday involved another tiny girls night where we went out for tapas and sushi. Although really, two of us were there solely for the mojhitos. I-Zen is a great place. I've never eaten upstairs but I was happily delighted with the tapas. Then we wandered downstairs for sushi and sashimi. Lovely! My one friend won a dance contest...although really, she was the only contestant. I, myself, am not much of a salsa dancer.

Saturday, started with me oozing off of my couch and dealing with the mild headache I had from drinking wine the night before. I managed to finally convince myself that food and drink were a good thing and got my rear out the door by 11 am to go get my oil changed in my car. An hour and a half after I arrived my car was done. See, this is why I try to get there by 8 am. Oh well. I went then back to my neighborhood and bought beer and snacks. I watched an episode or two of Star Trek: TNG and then people started showing up at my house. So it was a small but cozy gathering. People left their issues at the door and I got to see a majority of people I wanted to see. About 10 pm we wandered over to a bar where my friend works to meet up with more friends. We yapped, we played pool. It was fantastic.

Sunday, I finally arose, a bit worse off then Saturday. I declined breakfast with a friend...ex...to be more specific...and went to my girlfriend's house to help her move what I could.

So really...after an emotionally draining 20s...I finally feel like I'm coming full circle and starting over at where I left off. It feels good to be home, and I can't say I'll ever regret trying to contact people who meant a lot to me once upon a time. Why? Well..., I'm always so shocked at how people so easily accept me into their lives...well, especially these two. I don't think that I'll need to worry about losing track of them again.

I'm good with the cryptic huh? I blame it on the sun rising too early on me today. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* I'm still sad I couldn't attend the festivities...stupid obligations.

But I am happy to hear that you had a great time. And yay for less drama! (There were days I never thought I'd say that....)

Auntie M said...

Happy Birthday!
I remember 30 like it was only a year ago...wait, it was only a year ago. ;)

This year, in commemmorration (yeah, I can't spell) do something that you've NEVER done before. My 30th year, I went on my very first cruise. My husband got married. :) If I have my math correct, one of my friends will be having her first baby in her 30th year.