August 29, 2006

Connect ~ Reconnect ~ Disconnect

I'm almost done with the small socks for my son. I like the yarn, but you know what I hope I don't knit another pair of socks with Fortissima again for awhile. Besides I have so much other sock yarn that is just begging to be knit. People always amuse me.

"What are you knitting?"
"Socks."
"Again?"
"Yup."

But now I have lace yarn...yes, lace yarn...and oh, what am I supposed to do with this lace yarn? Good question. Still pondering.

When I was young...as in teenager young...I never had much use for this idea of "love." I wanted it more than anything, but it just didn't seem that it would work for me. Boys weren't interested and I wouldn't know what to do with one if I had one.

So, then I found one. And well, that turned out disasterously.

Now, I've reconnected with one I had been wondering whatever happened to. He's right, it's like we haven't missed a beat. The more time I spend with him the easier the conversation flows. I don't find myself having to force myself to talk about myself nearly as much as I have in the past. *laugh* There is an element that he knows about me...I don't know if I can pin point it. Where as others have tried to press me into telling them more about myself when I clam up, he just brings it out, the bare ugly truth.

I don't have any expectations this time. I don't even know how to describe this. I care for this guy in a way I can't explain.

Maybe...as I sit here...maybe, that's it...I like him, I always have...because he's genuine.

Anywhoo...I'm just contemplative over this whole "love" thing. I know it exists, I think I've been "in love" before, a very long time ago. Love to me is this weird sort of concept. I have girl friends who fall in and out of love every other month...although it is slowing down some and some are just choosing to stay in love. But, I've never understood women who just throw themselves into it. That whole idea kind of scares me. Perhaps it is the control issue...I like hanging onto the edge of the pool instead of swimming inside it to see what is there.

haha

blah, blah, blah, me, me, me, thinking a lot over things...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I'm very curious as to who this guy might be, though I suspect that the answer is "you don't know him." Hrm....