April 28, 2008

3 days...

...until May 1.

May 1 being my 2nd year blogiversary. I will see how many lurkers I have. I'm thinking 3.

I'm not sure what the prize will be. It will either be a sock yarn of something, I was thinking Shibui however, my little ones do not have much tolerance for 1) yarn stores, 2) mom's weird need to always run "errands" to them. Therefore this weekend I did not make it up to Knit Knack to pick up some (yes, I know I have some, enough to drown myself, but it's it's in my stash and seems so very happy). So, my dilemma is this, I may just pick up some lace from A Knitted Peace tomorrow as I will be in that area of town, and hopefully it will be warm as I will be carless.
Reading back...I may just stash bust. It would probably save my sanity and give me a reason to order a few more colors from Simply Socks.

Onward. Yesterday my girl kid decided that her special friend of the day was going to be Furrball from Tiny Toons. She renamed him "Bob." Bob went everywhere with us yesterday, yarn store, haircut, home, park, home, park, haircut, ice cream, home. You may have noticed home and park were in there twice, this was not a typing error, but my reality as I have a boy child who always insists that he does not have to go to the bathroom only to find out frantically that he does once we arrive (sometimes before) that he has to go. If you see my car on the side of the road...yeah. Anyway, Bob was noticed missing at bedtime. Rats. I hate to admit that I actually have this weird sort of emotional tie to Bob. You see Bob was once mine. I got him on a trip to Florida with my parents. I think one of the last trips I went on with them really, because then I just became too cool to hang out with my parents for any length of time. So, my stupid inner "only" child was pretty annoyed at my girl child for forgetting Bob somewhere. I know, I know, then why give it to her to play with? Well, I'm over 30 now, do I really need hundreds of stuffed animals? I mean I don't sit up late at night playing tea party with them, and really they do sort of sit in my variety of plastic bags and boxes lest they take over the house. I couldn't be mad at her, she was very upset at forgetting Bob. I can understand that...sort of...stupid only child syndrome, everything is mine.

Bob was located at the haircut place. He was a little miffed about hanging out there all night, but the girl was very happy to see Bob.

So, my lesson for the week it to let go. This is a very helpful lesson really, because my inability to let go of issues causes me to worry about everything. Less stress would be a good thing right?

The good news. I called the haircut place today and they have Bob. I will pick Bob up after work. See? All that worry for naught.

I have resurrected the project of this scarf for friend. I worked on it last night. Can you tell? I can't either. I have come to realize between watching Captain Janeway and crew try to get back to the Alpha quadrant and SSK that I'm not sure how to end this scarf. By end, I mean how to do the last triangle. It started from a right angle to an equilateral triangle...how do I get it back to the right angle? The directions are a little confuddling. My solution it to make a mini version of this...bookmark sized and puzzle it out. I'm sure this will only confuse me more. I can't wait to finish off this scarf though. I'm not very excited about this yarn. You know, when I first bought this type of yarn (I have 3 more colors of this stuff) I had grand ideas of them becoming sweaters for the kids. Riight. Since this scarf I have learned...um...no way. So those colors will become scarves...but hopefully scarves where you don't have to knit and then knit in the back of same stitch at the beginning of each odd row. I don't know why my eyes seem to think boucle yarns seem so fascinating...because my brain knows better.

My granny square crochet is progressing. 4 squares. They take me about 30 minutes to crochet. Longer than I thought, but mind numbing. So mind numbing in fact I think I messed up the 3rd one by forgetting to ch1 at the beginning of one of the white sc. Poo. I will not frog the square. I will not frog the square. It's not as off as the pink one I ch3 in each corner instead of ch2, and let me tell you, that makes a big difference. I'm not looking forward the the sewing. If only projects could sew themselves. Maybe that is why I've only really made socks and scarves. I don't have to sew them.

Happy warm week.

No comments: