March 27, 2008

So...

I've been busy. Doing what, I'd sure like to know. I wish they would let me knit at work. At least that would keep me busy. I think sometimes whats worse than being too busy at work, is being not busy at all.


Anyway, my project of stealth...

A scarf!

I guess that's not that big of a surprise really. I meant for the Karabella yarn to be a pair of fingerless gloves. I just couldn't find the right pattern. Then I worried about size. Then, then, then...

Scarves. Scarves are always nice. This one is soft. And long. And pretty.

I followed a pattern, and I'm lame I don't have a link. However, the information is here. I just don't have a picture up there yet and you have to be a member of Ravelry to see it.


Turned out swell I think. It was for Imbrium. She's getting married this Saturday, and her bridal shower was last Saturday. What better gift to give a fellow knitter than something knitted?!

AND of course I had to get her yarn. I settled on Noro sock yarn. I've decided if the price is right on the yarn, and the quality is anything but acrylic, then really, it doesn't matter what color or fiber type really, they're going to like it.

What a great excuse to go yarn shopping when it's for someone else!

Here it is blocked. I think I did okay and there wasn't any curious boys pulling out the interesting looking pins from the floor. All was well.

Last but not least Karabella Margarite is a faboo yarn. I give it a 5 sheep rating. It's soft, it feels great to knit with, it's small and easily portable. It does have cashmere so it can be a victim to static electricity. I'd use it again.

No comments: