March 14, 2008

Distracted

Work is busy, life is busy, head is busy.


I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to figure out this school thing. I wonder if I have the energy to go back. Ugh.


I found myself at Joann's the other night. I needed straight pins for my project of stealth. I couldn't find the ones I had bought a few months ago. My ability for organization strikes again.


I hate boucle. However, I seem to be collecting more and more. I love self striping, I love $5.00 yarn. Well, it was on sale. Who was I to say no?


I wanted to buy more. I wonder how long it's going to be on sale. I think they are both going to be scarves. Diagonal ones I think. Not 100% sure yet. I just finished frogging the blanket for my son. Again. Crochet + boucle = evil. I have one friend who disagrees. I think she's a brave brave soul.


I have been meaning to make this since I ran across the pattern.


I learned...I still can't make a french knot to save my life, but it's kinda cute. I think it will be well received. I meant for it to be a toy, however it's much too small for the person intended. I think perhaps a great decoration is much better an idea.


Of course the kids noticed and they want ones too.


One thing I've learned about the project of stealth...don't ever leave knitting on the couch near 3 year old boy. While, bouncing, he happened to bounce on my needle and snapped it half. You know, the pretty needles from Knit Picks. Rats. I did a quickie fix, although I must admit I ordered a new size to replace it, but some craft glue and nail polish worked in a jiffy.

No comments: