January 21, 2008

I'm starting to understand...

...I have a weakness.


A weakness for kitchen gadgets and food, card/board games, yarn, hello kitty, scrapbook supplies, fimo. This is the latest one in my collection. A rice cooker yay. I don't eat rice really. My daughter loves it though.


The issue, my apartment stove. The stove I used to own cooked many a thing wonderfully. This stove...not so much. I figured out that the oven cooks at least 25 degrees higher than what it is set to, and the burners...I'm not so sure.

Rice...I just don't like babysitting it. I never seem to get the proportions correctly either and I hate cleaning the pot.


But I try.


This however is the solution...at least for me. I had a friend who owned one and he just loved it. That and the ice tea maker...but I don't think I'll acquire one of those.


So today, as a first try...white rice and forbidden rice. As I was reading reviews yesterday...I ended up taking back the first rice maker I bought yesterday and purchased this one about 6 hours later...someone was talking about forbidden rice. Purple rice! What better to go with the purple potatoes...oh wait...those freaked out the daughter...well, colorful food...why not.

They'll eat pho, and asparagus, but they won't eat cheese in eggs.


On the knitting front...nothing really. I frogged a scarf and restarted it because it wasn't wide enough after suggestion by the person it's for. They said it was fine and not to frog it but...after the suggestion I just wasn't satisfied with it any longer.

I finished spinning the roving from Pagosa Springs. Now I'm starting to ply.

My wheel is squeaking a little, I'm not sure where it's coming from. It's driving me quite crazy. I've oiled everything I could think of. Argh. Suggestions? Anyone?


First time as a 2 ply. Not too bad.

No comments: