April 01, 2007

Back from the beyond...

...well mostly.

I have been sick. My lovely flu turned into walking pnemonia and took me out of work for about a week and a half. I feel so behind right now, at work, at home, in my life. However, slowly but surely things are returning to normal. Slower than I would prefer of course.

I didn't get much knitting done while I was out. I did watch a lot of TV and napped. I don't think that people who have never had children really understand the scope of being sick. Going to work for 8 hours and then come home to work another 8 hours getting the kids, fed, washed, played with, read to, put to bed. Getting a good 6-8 hours of sleep just isn't enough to get better.

This is the progress on the blanket so far. It's a little bigger.

My spinning has been going slow. But I do love this dragon spindle.



My son graduated to a big boy bed. He's been doing fairly good at staying put at night. *sniff* Babies grow up too fast.



I think the most I've gotten since I got sick has been *finally* replacing my dishes. My dish set was a Noritake Colorwave in plum. It was nice. It was basically picked for me by my former mother-in-law. I thought we would go to 2-3 stores for dinnerware when she offered to buy us some, but we went to 1 store, and I thought the set was okay. Frankly, it was too expensive in my opinion. I wanted a black set I saw at Target, but we never made it there.

So, finally now after, what 2 years, of being divorced I have replaced that set with a set I do like, and that didn't cost a small fortune. They're teal and black and lovely AND something I picked.



I especially like my little fish dipping set. Target is so much fun.

No comments: