January 06, 2007

Will it ever end...never mind got distracted...

I was going to write another blog about more snow, but I forgot to take a picture. That's okay, there's more in the forecast next week. In the mean time, enjoy these snowmen. I'm sure I'll have more pictures during next week's snowstorm.

There isn't much to say about knitting or yarn right now. I started making a pair of socks, hypothetically for my cousin's husband. Who's been asking for the last two years. Really, I just don't knit that fast, and well...I get side tracked easily.

For instance, I found this tonight at JoAnn's which will be turned into some sort of blanket like thing for a friend who's having a baby. I know four women having babies so far. All about the same time too. Only two will actually get blankets hopefully out of me. I'm not sure what color I want to make the other one out of. I may wait to see if they find out what the gender is first.


This here will make a perhaps nifty pair of socks. I like the colorway. Cherry chocolate. Cheap yarn will be the end of me. I can't wait until the Estes Park Wool Festival.

A hat here for my son. The one I bought is too small. So I thought I'd make one. Wool and soy. Now I just need a hat pattern.

A scarf for my daughter. How I love self striping yarns. She kind of liked it. It'll still looked nifty. After the scarf Imbrium made I'm sure it'll look nifty either way.

A bundle of wool from my friend for Christmas. I have no idea what I want to do with this yet. 100% wool. I'm sure I could think of something to felt it into.

I still have the blanket for my sister to finish and I've started spinning some roving that I bought 3 years ago or so that my daughter picked out.

I will need to acquire some of the lace yarn from Yarn Place that Imbrium acquired. So much yarn...running out of room...must buy another box although I really ought to use some of the stuff.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

That Pattons SWS is beautiful once it's knit up and is really soft on the fingers. BUT it is splitty as all get out. :( I made a peapod baby sweater out of it.
Mox Nix Knits