May 21, 2006

A Little Blurry Eyed

So...I don't know what was up with me last night, but for some reason my brain did not want to sleep until about 5 am. Riiight...

But...as a result...

It's a sweater!!

So I have the collar and the front border to finish, buttons, and sewing in the tails. Wow. Took me a long time. But I've completed it. The one true thing I love about knitting.

However, at around 2 am I must admit that I found this...

Do you notice the issue?

Besides from my super photographic skill...yes that is right...the border on the left side is good because I knit it according to the pattern. The one on the left side, yes, I knit that right too according to the pattern...too bad I then continued to knit the right side of the stockinette stitch on the wrong side of the border. Oops. My daughter is young. She'll understand. I don't even think she'll actually notice. I will. Because I am a perfectionist, but see? See how I had these truly wonderful and unique mistakes and I did not frog and redo? Of course, I had finished all of the pieces before I noticed any of this, and technically I would have just thrown out the piece and started over.

But...

There is SO much yarn and SO little time. I will admit that I did take off the sleeve and I redid the shoulder seams that I had posted in the prior entry. After realizing that I did not remember how to finsh a sweater and all of my books are in storage. It did give me the excuse to buy a new book though.

No comments: