February 14, 2008

Again

I'm getting tired of the snow. It makes some people even dumber than normal. It's pretty, but the older I get the less tolerant of the cold I get.
If it could be a nice balmy 80 degrees and snow, that would be nice. All this really does is get my car dirty.

I've lived here all my life and during the summer it's okay, but during the winter, I'd rather just hibernate.

It'll be gone by tomorrow. It's going to be cold tomorrow. Blech.

I've completed my 3rd striped Noro scarf. I just need to weave in the ends.
I'll be starting another one soon, but first I think I'm going to start a lace project. I have some wool/cashmere that is just wanting to be something. Sadly, the project pattern I had for it I don't think is going to work.

So, I've found 3 others. It's not even going to be what I thought it was in the first place. I'll divulge more into this project at a later date.

Look what I found.

Yum. Noro sock yarn.

I heart Noro. The ones I found today were so very bright. I think the bottom one will be a pair of socks for my daughter. The top one perhaps for me. Not sure if my son will get a set, he doesn't seem to like wearing socks much. I've also thought to start a list about what I'd like to learn that pertains to fiber arts this year or next.

1) Dye. Roving and sock yarn. I'm not sure where to find bare yarn though. I know KnitPicks has some, but I'm still waiting for my needle order. I hate waiting.

2) Lace. I have lace yarn. It's breeding in the bin I swear. stupid compulsive buying :)

3) Fair Isle knit. Enough said. I am collecting bits of Kauni, and I have plans for Noro as well. I'm sure they are somewhere in my head.

4) Design. I know I can. I just don't know what.

So, it should be a good year.

No comments: