April 26, 2007

Snow day

So I got a chance to visit Knitty Cat a LYS that carries Alchemy Yarn. I didn't get a skein of Alchemy, I didn't like the colors, but I did pick up some Desert. It's calling "scarf" to me. At some point, I'm thinking, online, I will have to acquire some Alchemy. The bamboo was so soft. But I like their Migrations. That just looks nifty. I think I also want to acquire some linen yarn as well.

I also found some Lorna's Laces in Embers. Couldn't live without it. I think it will make a dandy pair of socks. I like the colorway so much I may have to acquire another skein.

My daughter also found a skein she didn't want to leave without. It is now her pet. :)

I came home and found this...

And what is that? Why that is my ceiling in my apartment kitchen peeling. It didn't feel wet. I'm hoping that it's not a leak. Well, at least if it is, I'm hoping that it was due to the rain and not a pipe.

Finally, some knitted objects. A hat and 1 bootie for now for my friend and his wife. One more to go. Not sure if I like the bootie pattern though. It was knit on two needles, it was a bit tight to manipulate.

This is a scarf...it soon will be a big ball of yarn. Bummer to frog so much, but the basket weave pattern isn't showing up at all, and it's a little wider than I expected.

No comments: